Monday, December 31, 2012

Ringing in the New Year

As I sit on the eve of 2012 and look to starting 2013, I'm thinking about all that happened during this past year.  I see God's hand in every part.  His blessings, His faithfulness, His grace and mercy, His provision, the list goes on.  The latter part of 2011 and the first part of 2012 were possibly the roughest times in my life to date.  I experienced moments of darkness and loneliness that I never felt before and pray I never feel again.  But if I do, I'll remember that my Lord is with me every moment of every day, just as he was during those dark times.  It was through God's Word and prayer that I was able to get through each hour, sometimes each minute.  So while those times were dark and painful, I praise God for them.  They developed in me a faith that is unshakable    I true dependence on the Lord; a freedom to move through this life, laying the burdens and cares at the foot of His cross.  Once again my God proved His faithfulness, once again I was reminded of His love.

As I look into 2013, I'm surprised by my lack of desire to set goals, to plan my year ahead.  If there's anything the past two years have shown me it's that I can't plan my future, and I certainly can't control  it.  My earthly father's sudden passing shook me to my core.  It unhinged my ability to set my life course.  And I think this a good thing.  Instead, I will walk out each day in the hands of my Father, trusting in the Holy Spirit to guide me, following the steps of Jesus.  My Father's undeniable love will draw me close and keep me safe,  and that's all I need to know.

May God bless you and yours in 2013.  May we all serve Him with a new devotion and commitment to sharing His love and mercy with all who enter our lives, however fleeting their appearance may be.

In Him, peace.

No comments: